Best Electricity Customer Referral Program Terms & Conditions
1. The Terms and Conditions of Best Electricity Supply Pte Ltd’s (“BE”) Referral Programme govern your participation in the Referral Programme and are part of your Agreement with us. These terms must be read in conjunction with BE’s General Terms and Conditions, applicable Price Plan Terms and Conditions, and other applicable Promotion Terms and Conditions.
2. BE’s Referral Programme is available to you if you are an existing residential customer (the “Referrer”) or a new residential customer (the “Referral Recipient”) who has no electricity residential account with BE yet. The Referrer is the person whose Referral Code has been used by the Referral Recipient who is the person signing up with BE using a valid Referral Code.
3. Each Referrer will receive a unique, non-transferable Referral Code. This code can be shared with friends, family members and business partners. BE does not limit the use of the Referral Code.
4. A Referral Recipient can use only one Referral Code when signing up with BE. He/she cannot have more than one Referrer. For the avoidance of doubt, a Referrer (i) is not limited or restricted to sharing his/her Referral Code to only one Referral Recipient; and (ii) is able to share his/her Referral Code to multiple persons.
5. A Referral Recipient who signs up with BE using a valid Referral Code of a Referrer will receive a Referral Benefit (the “Billing Rebate”) worth the value of BE’s Referral Programme at the time of the Referral Recipient’s signup. The Referral Benefit will be applied to the Referral Recipient’s first electricity bill. It is only payable if we did not receive a transfer request for his/her account from another retailer, or a transfer request to SP Group from the Referral Recipient within the first supply month.
6. A Referrer whose Referral Code was used for a successful signup will also receive a Referral Benefit worth the value of BE’s Referral Programme at the time of the Referral Recipient’s signup. The Referral Benefit will be applied to the Referrer’s electricity bill after the Referral Recipient has received his first electricity bill. It is only payable if we did not receive a transfer request from another retailer for his/her account, or a transfer request to SP Group from the Referral Recipient within the first supply month.
7. The Referral Benefit will be used to offset your BE electricity bill. If your electricity bill amounts to less than the value of the Referral Benefit, the remaining value will be used to offset your next BE electricity bill. If your Agreement with BE ends with outstanding Referral Benefits, then those Referral Benefits will be forfeit. Referral Benefits cannot be paid out in cash or in kind.
8. By providing BE with the registration data about the Referee and all other information, the Referrer agrees and acknowledges that BE may use this information and that the Referrer has given BE consent on usage and collection for both the Referrer’s data and Referee’s data. It is the Referrer’s responsibility to obtain the prior consent of the Referee to provide the Referee’s personal data or any other information in relation to the Referee to BE including but not limited to for the purposes of contacting the Referee by BE and future correspondences.
9. BE reserves the right, in our absolute discretion, to withdraw or modify the Referral Programme and/or its Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice and without liability.
10. BE reserves the right to review and investigate all referral activities. If a Referral Code or Referral Benefit is found to be used erroneously, or fraudulently, illegally, or in violation of BE’s Referral Programme’s Terms and Conditions, BE reserves the right, in our absolute discretion, to revoke or remove these Referral Benefits.